Monday, August 30, 2010

This is...

Have you ever wanted to do something? You're probably rolling your eyes at the computer screen and thinking that was a really dumb question. It was supposed to be a rhetorical question. You don't actually have to answer it. I have always wanted to be quoted. I want to be one of those people that everybody has heard their name, but doesn't actually know what they did. If you go to Xavier Charter School, you know those sometimes ridiculous quotes we must learn? I want people to have to learn something I said. I want people to talk about something I said. I want to say something and actually have people think it's important.

We all like watching movies with characters that are smart, spunky, sarcastic, and satirical. Some of us even like to read books with characters like that. In general, we all like people like that; we think they are amusing. I was reading a book with a character like that. (Yes, I actually like to read.) The book read like a journal or diary, but all I could think of was that it was too perfect to be an actual journal or dairy. Any of the attempts I have made at either sound weirder and make a lot less sense than a Dr. Seuss book.

Not too long ago I stumbled across a blog. It was a great blog. The person who wrote it had the qualities that people find amusing. I decided that I write a blog. I can sound smart, spunky, sarcastic, and satirical (well...at least sometimes I can). I don't want an emotional diary like blog where every other comment is "woe is me" or "I wish so-and-so would notice me". No, I want want to wrote something funny or wise about life in general.

This is my Commentary on Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment